Thursday, July 30, 2009

I Warned You That I Was Prone to Forget to Post Things

Hi,
Its the end of July and as I'm writing this, I'm wearing a sweatshirt and wrapped up in a blanket. Yes, it is that cold. I recently returned from a brief visit to VA and I was surprised how humid it felt there. Even more surprising was how everyone kept saying how "cool" and "comfortable" the summer has been. Let me tell you, it was not cool, nor was it comfortable. Pleasant dryness is just one of the benefits of living in Colorado.
While at home, I joined my sister on one of her triathlon training sessions where we ran about 2 miles and immediately jumped in the lake and swam. I used to consider myself a decent swimmer, but after repeatedly bumping into people, swimming in the wrong direction, and catching a big wave in the face every time I went to take a breath, I realized how dependent I had become in swimming in a CLEAR pool, with LINES on the floor, and lane dividers that MINIMIZE splashing. I used to think I could swim a straight line, but now I know better. All I can say is Erin, more power to you.

Nothing too terribly exciting has happened here, but I just wanted to check in and remind all of you to CALL ME. Have a great rest of your summer!

-Caitlin

Current 200m Swim Time: 2:48
Current 1 Mile run Time: 6:45
Current Aches and Pains: Left Shoulder

1 comment:

  1. Hi Caitlin: Thanks for the update - if we lived on a lake you would get a lot of practice swimming in open water. Did you know I swam across Long Lake in Maine (about 3 miles)? I also waterskied the whole length (about 17 miles), which just about killed me! Love, Dad F.

    PS: Get on Will's case to update his blog - he's stuck in the rinse/spin cycle.

    ReplyDelete